A Snowy Update

All last week all we heard about was snow, snow, snow. As with everytime the weatherman says that one letter word, we were very reluctant to believe him. This time, he was right though, and we got dumped on- almost 20". My due date was coincidentally Friday, December 18th. I went to town to help my parents pick and cut their Christmas tree. I was trying to stay on my feet and be as active as I could in hopes of getting things 'started'. At around 7:00pm the snow started falling, and since it was coming from the south I knew I'd better get home, since I'd be driving right into it. By 9:00, I was finally safely home. It was the longest, most stressful drive I've ever made. So many cars were sliding into ditches and into each other. By the time I reached my neighborhood, there was an easy 4"-6" on the ground. I got in the house, took a hot shower and had some hot tea. By then, I was praying I wouldn't go into labor, I couldn't fathom going out on the roads again. We went to bed, and at 2:00am, I woke up with contractions. Oh boy. I tossed and turned until about 4:30 and I couldn't stand it anymore, so I got up. I accidentally woke Matt up in the process, and he was sweet enough to get up with me. He went outside to clean the truck and make a path, just in case. By 7:00, the contractions were getting painful, and were about 8 minutes apart. So I took another shower to start getting dressed, because I knew I needed to allow plenty of time for travel. The hot shower completely stopped the contractions though. I didn't know if I was happy or mad about that. Soooo, I made it through another weekend, and I am still pregnant. Ugh. Hopefully this afternoon's appointment will have some news. Right now, I am at work, and they are kicking me out because they decided to close the office.... hmmm, but I'm already here!?! Oh well, guess I'll go find something to do until this afternoon!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment